Tuesday, December 28, 2004

When Is A Door Not A Door?

When it's your job.
No, opps, said that wrong - force of habit -
What I meant was: when it's a jar.

Anyway, that little chestnut is in honor of of a late Christmas gift I received yesterday,
a figurine of The Riddler (as he's depicted in the excellent Batman miniseries: HUSH)
from Steve.
Totally cool of him to think to get something for me.
(I'm currently suffering from guilt over not having anything for him)
Especially cool since its one of those gifts that you get because someone was paying attention to something you were saying (like when you say off the cuff that you love the fact that -- SPOILER AHEAD -- The Riddler is responsible for the events in HUSH)
Time to add that to the list of resolutions -- find gifts for people (beyond DVDs) based on conversations you have with them. I would like to be able to make my friends feel the way that opening that gift made me feel.
Steve rules, what can you say?
Maybe I should set up an evening out with Orlando and Maddie and Sarah and myself -- hmmm, there's an idea.

In the friendship department, I also got an email from someone I haven't heard from in forever. That was really cool. Closing the Year. It's nice to touch base with everyone you want to see in 2005 safe and sound.




No comments: