Wednesday, December 29, 2004

After The Ball Is Over

So, the question comes up again and again:
What to do for New Year's?
Mark & Lorna are out of the picture.
To quote my Dad, "I'm so broke, I can't pay attention."
I don't really like the idea of being out amongst the shambling Frat masses
-- or worse -- the amateur drunks -- it's like a High Holy Day for some people to...cut loose.
So, what then? What's the answer?
Maybe I have a few people over?
Not a party, a gathering. Maybe.
I don't have much in the way of alcohol or food for a party...or even a gathering.
But it would be nice to Close The Year with some friends.
And I myself could always drink the last of my absinthe.
There's enough left for one person...
To quote Steve (who is quoting someone else, I think):
It's a choice, there's a better one.

No comments: