Saturday, December 11, 2004

Hangman, Hangman, Wait A Little While......

Gallows humor.
I can't laugh or cry.
All I can do I stand here like an idiot.
No sooner spoken than broken.
In the industry, we call them cigarette burns.
---------
Coin flip. 52 card pick up.
In a way, I'm already dead.
There's no suicide needed - I think that I must have killed myself years ago.

And this is Hell. My Hell. Or whatever mythology you follow.
Maybe Hell is just a Greatest Hits collection of all your worst moments.
Just all the pain that you've caused and felt. Over and over again.

If I didn't have just enough....doubt, fear....that there's a Big boss Man in the sky,
ready to dispense.....judgement....well, it's probably a useful bit of fear at any rate.

Childish, vain, cowardly, selfish...........



No comments: