Friday, December 17, 2004

Like Billy Crystal Playing Scarface

My plastic smile has melted around the edges.
If I don't have the Want Ads in front of me on Sunday - I deserve everything that I get.
The very air is thick and heavy, just moving around here is a chore.
I don't want to improve, I want to move.
I don't fit here.
I should have called in today - that was the right choice.
Thank Odin and Kali and Vishnu that I'm off on Monday.
Nobody goes from zero to loathing faster than me.
I am Doc Holiday.
I am Billy the Kid.
I am Wild Bill.
I am Sundance.
'I will show you fear in a handful of dust.' - Elliot
----------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to work in a bookstore again - a place I at least like.
Or a comic shop.
Or video place.
Or The Weekly.
Or at a theatre, box office.
Or the library.
I'd love to do a storytime again.
I place where my abilities and the things I'm good at wouldn't be handicaps.
Cause that's the bottom line - I don't care about this job.
And I can't fake it.

'It can't come quickly enough, you spent your life, waiting for this moment, when it finally came around, it past you by, and left you so defeated' - Scissor Sisters

No comments: