Wednesday, December 08, 2004

This Is The Game That Moves As You Play

So, all I can think of is finding a new job.
Starting over at zero.
Am I overreacting? Is this a symptom of my recent fugue?
I'm helpless to rewrite this morning.
I'm tired of Papillon, of Cool Hand Luke...
Tired of all the mindless jobs I've ever had.

I wish I could just leave my brain in a jar by the door.
Just send my body here, automaton, savant, push button monkey.

I've only been here nine months (and that's if you count April).
This has got to be some kind of a record for me.
Zero to discontent.
Back to zero, back to zero.

I can't want to quit because of a person.
Cause God knows every place I've ever worked has had it's fair share of assholes:
Adams, Ian, Vicki, JoLynda, Larry, Stephanie.

No. No, I need a change of scene.
All of these jobs are just stutter steps anyway.
None of them are real.
Just a series of pauses, taunts, hiccups....
Like being constantly choked, in the bad way.





No comments: