Tuesday, November 16, 2004

We Do Not Sow


Why can't we look the other way? - Interpol, "Evil"

All things being equal, this hasn't been a bad Tuesday to dip my toes into the waters of the work week. Work week? For me, that means 'avoidance of work' week. I've never claimed or presented myself as anything but a C student at any of my jobs. I'm lazy and shiftless and I pout and complain and mumble and......anybody out there hiring? Anyway, put some files away, write an email, put some files away, write a few lines on this post, put some files away, go to break.....
I brought two pictures of myself dressed up in my red dress (from Once In A While) to work today. There's some residual thrill at having such straight laced people go......ah, oh, is that you in the middle there, ah.....that's great. Now, if six months from now I'm still passing out photos down at the end of the bar....it may be time to just let it go.

So, yeah, still feeling that 'high school is over' feeling in regards to Rocky. Cause no matter how much we stay in contact with each other (and I plan to) we'll never spent this much time together again. Things change. Sucks.
Just read some really nice emails from John Didonna and Seth. I suppose they are right, you can't spend five months of your life with people and not be changed by them.

Turning the page....but bookmarking that page as a memento.






No comments: