Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Teeth Are Very Important.


David and I discovered on the long car ride back from Eustis that we are both Teeth People. Not only sensitive about our own teeth - but very snobby about the teeth of others. Now, I don't have blazing white, perfectly straight teeth but my teeth are at least pleasantly jumbled and a nice tooth color. And I'm just so concerned that people are looking at my teeth or that they're really worse than they are -- that when I see someone with horrible, crooked, stained teeth, I can't understand how they function. My insecurity is bounced off of them and their bad teeth -- cause if my teeth were really really bad, I wouldn't be able to go out in public. I would be frozen. So, it's amazing to me when someone with bad teeth goes about their day like they don't have bad teeth.Or if they have a confidence level that doesn't match the condition of their teeth. How can they do it? I'm constantly aware of my teeth, where they are, how they feel. Anyway, it was kind of funny to talk to someone with the same awareness.
I told David that there are several people here at work who have such bad teeth that unless I'm forced to, I won't talk to them -- cause I would spend the whole time staring at their teeth and wondering what the Hell went wrong.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Yes! Hurray for the promise of great teeth...just seven to ten months yet....*sigh*.