Friday, November 19, 2004

Never Let Them Take Your Tighten Up Away


I'm in one of my random, chaos theory good moods.
No reason for it - today is more or less a rerun of yesterday - but for whatever reasons, I'm in a good mood.
Maybe it's the weekend calling, or the approaching holiday, who knows...

After last night's 1940's rehearsal, the cast (Jeff, Sarah, Anna Kay, Josh, Rick, David, Elizabeth, and myself) went to the Red Fox Lounge to see Mark and Lorna. They were great. I love being a regular at a bar. They played a cool set and Mark gave Jeff a lead on a pianist. A jazz pianist. It turns out that a lot of the music that the Samuel French Company sent for the show is....to tell the truth since I don't read music, I'm not really sure exactly what the trouble is with the music....it has something to do with the things we know and love about all these old standards not really being written in the music that the musicians have to look at. Something like that, I think. So, we need somebody that can flow and improv all the stuff that's great about that kind of music.

Rocky Horror you need....a website. Our director (the infamous Seth) has put one up. It's www.rockyhorrorshow.net You can see a snazzy picture of me in my corset if you click on the History section. (It's from the curtain calls).

I had my first ever comment to my blog by someone I don't know. That was very cool. And unexpected. I don't really think of this in terms of strangers possibly reading it. Pretty neat pretty neat.

Is it wrong to spend my entire Christmas bonus on myself? Just a question, a notion.

We just got this new copier / fax machine / coffee maker up here on the fifth floor. It's brand new and has that fresh new plastic smell. Like a Trapper Keeper. I love that smell, it should be made into a cologne.

I need to buy Q tips.

I'm getting my haircut tomorrow with Elizabeth. My last haircut was 127 days ago....with Elizabeth. This is the longest period I can remember going without a haircut. I did start the job last night by shaving my sideburns (muttonchops). So, today, I feel a little like a mushroom head. If I have the time / money I want to dye my hair black again (licorice black). It's give Mom something to be annoyed about at Thanksgiving dinner.

Wow, the fire alarm just went off......



3 comments:

carrie said...

i like muttonchops

carrie said...

also: how thoughtful of you be so considerate of your mother... you know, mothers need more stuff to get their feathers ruffled over these days... and what else are children for?

carrie said...

i know you can get cologne that smells of freshly mown lawns... and you can get leather-scented candles. so...