Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Always Be Closing

Well, still not THERE yet - but last night's rehearsal wasn't the 'jab needles into the center of my eye' fiasco that Sunday was. The opening is still chaotic (but somehow ten minutes too long) and there were a lot of mistakes -- but we crashed through and kept going. The opening scares me, I'll admit. It feels like running across a tightrope as fast as you can, hoping/praying/forcing yourself / daring yourself to not fall into the abyss.
In that respect, I'm glad that I'm working with the people I'm working with. Nothing gives me more confidence or makes me happier than when David makes his entrance. He's totally the safety net under the tightrope for me. Regardless of how everything else is going, I feel like, personally, I'm learning a lot by getting to work with him onstage. So, from a selfish standpoint, the show is going great! I need to tell him that.
Two more rehearsals to go, three if you want to count the preview night on Thursday (let's say two, shall we).

'They don't know anything. You're not going to get hurt. You're Baretta and you're super cool.'
Paraphrased quote, Mr. Orange from Reservoir Dogs, and look how well things turned out for him...

No comments: