Monday, October 04, 2004

The Purpose And The Random


This isn't a big deal, I suppose. But on my profile they have my astrological sign listed as Pisces -- and all the horoscopes I've ever looked at, I'm an Aquarius.
Maybe I'm a cusp. Who knows.

Rocky Horror rehearsal this weekend, you ask? I can't even start in on that. The only thing that makes me happy is the fact that I'm not the only person with issues. With the exceptions of a small handful of moments, yesterday's rehearsal was a complete waste of my time. Uh-oh, I'm starting in on it....it's all the same stuff, really, SSDD as it were. The only difference is that now we only have 18 days left until we open --- that's the one constant, time slipping away from us. I keep an imaginary hourglass just over my left shoulder and all I can hear is the soft, relentless hiss of sand filling the bottom portion of it.

And I just hate that I keep having these back pedaling conversations with all my friends, the ones who are coming to the show. This 'it might not be as good as all that' type conversations. Sucks.

Got to have a little Gina and Geoff time this weekend. They came down for Halloween Horror Nights and while I didn't go with them to that, we did end up hanging out at my place and staying up until 5 in the morning, talking, catching up. It was cool.
Had breakfast the next day, some Starbucks, then back up to Jacksonville they went.

On a kind of related note, Amber's coming down this Wednesday to see some concert at House Of Blues. It'll be good to see her too. I'm kinda missing my family right now, Mom, Dad, Amber, Jessica, Michael. It'll be good a have a little time with Amber.
At the rate things are going, it looks like Thanksgiving is going to be the next time I see anybody (unless they come to Rocky).

It's weird now... I have so many people in my life that I have to keep in different universes: Amber, Sarah, Gina and Geoff. Maybe it won't always be that way, who knows. Wow, that's a topic for a lifetime of posts right there. Best move on for now.

Other things that could have been listed in my profile:

Favorite TV Shows: Farscape, Samurai Jack, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos, The Office, MST3K, The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Home Movies, SeaLab 2021, Survivor (my one reality addiction -- I've auditioned for it three times)

Favorite Artists: James Kolchaka, SHAG, Escher, COOP, Edward Hopper, Haring, Mike Mignola, Mike Avon Oeming, Bruce Timm

VICES: Of all the seven deadly sins, I like the unofficial Eighth deadly sin: Despair.

Current Crush: Could fill many a post -- I have a few, fun little crushes, like a little crush on a girl I work with, a little crush on Elizabeth The Yoga Instructor, and I have a little show crush on one of my fellow phantoms, Jenn. But the major one for me (for a whole year at this point- what's wrong with me) is Kim Gray. Redhead (maybe not naturally but it suits her all the same), great laugh, funny, writes fantastic emails, leaves funny voicemails, and has a boyfriend. Fuck.

And to think, one of my favorite quotes is : Fortune Favors The Bold.

I wish I was a little more bold. That might make for a crazier life but I bet there'd be fewer regrets at the end of it.


No comments: