Monday, October 18, 2004

Check Up From The Neck Up


So much to say and so little time.
We were out of Rocky on Friday and Saturday, no rehearsal.
The reasons for this are still pretty unclear to me - two days gone, wasted.

Well, not wasted -- but not used for Rocky, anyway.

Friday -- I went to see Team America: World Police with Kim and Jay and
Kim's brother (Tom? Yes?) and Steve Mac and his boyfriend (Jeremy? Yes?)
We all met up at El Patro's before the movie and had a little Mexican.

I got there early, before anyone else, so I went next door to the K-Mart.
It was fabulous, in a ghetto, depressing sort of way.
Aisle half stocked. DVD's locked behind glass cabinets. Oh, and razors locked
behind cabinets too. And we're not talking straight razors here, just MACH 3's

Awkward single person moment -- Kim, her brother and Jay were on one check,
Steve and his boyfriend on another -- so the waiter (quite a character) says in this
loud voice 'Ohhh, and you by yourself.'
Thanks, fucker. Yes. Lonley, lonley me, lonley as a tree.

Moving on. The movie was great, really funny. I loved the speech at the end:
The world can be divided into three kinds of people -- dicks, pussies, and assholes.
Great stuff.

Kim Gray. What sort of a cruel god would put somebody like her into my path and
provide her with a boyfriend (one who's, if not cool, at least very nice). I had a great
time hanging out with them -- but I don't think I'm going to do it again. I have a feeling
that it's not really very...healthy somehow. And thus far, I don't really flirt or drool or
make an ass of myself...but I worry that on some level everybody knows my deal and
can see right through me and they know that I showed up cause Kim invited me and
I just want to hang out with her, truth be told...

My new quote for my King Of Crushes status comes from Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless
Mind -- "Why do I fall in love with every woman that shows me the least bit of attention?"

Kim Gray. I just got to find some way past all that. Plan B : avoidance. Disappear. Fade.

Saturday we had our reading of The 1940's Radio Hour. We are going to be so pressed for time
(it opens December 2nd) but I think that the cast is really good. It's going to be great to work with
David and Larry and Todd and Debbie and Elizabeth...I'm interested to work with the new people
too....Jason and Josh and the others...I'm sure it will be stressful but at this point that's a relative
term, isn't it.....

After the reading I did some grocery shopping and then Sarah, Jeff, David and Steve Miller all went
to O'boys in Winter Park. And it was nice...maybe it had just been a long time (David's birthday?)
since I had the David and Steve combo meal...but they weren't that bad....very funny, in fact.
After O'boys we all went to The Red Fox Lounge to bask in the glory of Mark and Lorna. Lorna sang
'Sway' and Mark did 'Just a Gigolo'. David and Steve had never been before....we all had a blast.

Sunday was costume parade. I'll be honest, I'm about to go to lunch and today, so far, has been miserable at work and I just don't have the energy to bitch and piss and moan good and proper about Rocky right now.
Maybe later. Or tomorrow.

I'm sure after tonight there will be more material. I can say that we are going to have preview audiences on both Wednesday and Thursday.

To quote Scar from The Lion King, "Oh goodie."


No comments: