Tuesday, January 04, 2005

From The People Who Brought You Nipsy Russell

Just got an email from Jenn Wood that made me realize that the last few posts of my little blog here have been a little.....despairing. And she (like many of my good friends have) took the time to write and tell me what a bad ass I am and how I need to make a job change and to do something I love and she rules for that. It's funny, I wonder how many of you would like to work with me? Anyway, best not to dwell on that....

In the OCD phrasebook department we have a new champion for 2005. Not that I don't still have love in my heart (and reserved booths in my brain) for both: 'Nipsy Russell' and 'The Devil and Daniel Webster' -- my new favorite (random) words to repeat over and over again in my mind are.....


Mongol Hoard.

Mongol Hoard. Mongol Hoard. Mongol Hoard. You have to be careful because Hoard can start to sound like Whore (and then you have to start over at the begining). I like that it also almost rhymes with: cellar door. Like in that movie Donnie Darko where the English teacher (Drew Barrymore) quotes some author who said that those were the two most beautiful words in the English language. Cellar door. Mongol Hoard. Mongol Hoard.

Mongol Hoard. Mongrel Hoard. Mongrel Whore. Ming the Merciless. Ming from Mongo. Mongol Hoard. At the gate.


Jenn Wood also reminded me of something from Rocky Horror that I had almost forgotten (or tried to banish):
Matt Majors spotlit, back lit, g string white hairy ass crawling up the scaffolding during Super Heroes. And the joy/horror/amusement/'I just threw up in my mouth a little' fun that Jenn and Tyler and Todd and Susan and Tammy and I had forcing ourselves to watch the train wreck happen just above our heads. The same excitement can be had picking a scab or watching ants devour a grasshopper, I'm sure. That was a lot of fun.

Ah, now there's what I wanted to see....a great big smile.

No comments: