Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Crash

A plane crashed near my home yesterday evening. One of those little two person planes, on its way to the Executive Airport. Crashed on Dubsdread Golf Course...they had Par Street and Edgewater closed off. One person dead, the other airlifted to the hospital. It was weird, on the news they kept saying that the crash happened..."behind Edgewater High School"...now you could say it happened near Edgewater High School...the same way I can say it happened near my home...but it didn't happen "behind" the school...on their football field or something...makes me wonder how many times I've accepted something I heard on the news like that...when it was out of context...cause if I didn't live right down the road, I wouldn't know exactly where the plane crashed...it's just because I drive by that golf course every day of my life that I knew it wasn't that close to the high school. But the way they kept mentioning the high school...there were probably people freaking out.

1 comment:

Schmacko said...

Yep, and I had a tsunami relatively near me...



(...compared with how far the Sun is away from me.)


"Northeast of" apparently means "behind" to some people.

And, BOY! are there some guys I'd like to be northeast of... wink, wink...