Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Roll Down The Window, Let Us Feel This Cool Desert Breeze.

I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate.....

There are times when my pack rat nature defeats me. When I wish I could just burn everything I own, instead of transporting it to the next place. Just start over. Wasn't there a general...a Roman general?...that burned all the ships, so that his troops had no choice but to go forward? Wait, was that Alexander The Great???

Actually, it's not that bad outside today, warm....but unlike bastard months like June through November, there's a wonderful breeze. If only I could transplant Jacksonville's seabreeze to Orlando.

I was just gathering up some of Sarah's stuff from her apartment, bringing it back over here. Feels good to do, if a little hot and sweaty. Like playing a country music song backwards or something. Got the computer, some glasses and dishes....how we're going to get some of the rest of it....pure mystery.

Oedipus went well last night. We are moving through the show pretty quickly. The show itself is only going to end up being an hour (if that).We've done the Opening Ritual (what I like to call The Gungan/Ewok/Penecostal Church Moment)...last night we did the Prologue (Priest puppets)....tonight we're going to work on Episode One (Blind Prophet Sequence)....Wednesday, we'll be in the space at The Studio Theatre. Bring on the mud and the twigs and the berries!!!

David is having a little ITW gathering/movie night at his place on Wednesday....I want to go but with rehearsal....don't know if I'll be able to pull it off. Maybe.

Did I mention yet how happy I am that Avis is our Jocasta? She rules.

I have this urge to have Marcie read my Tarot cards again....it was actually a little freaky how spot on they were last time.

I'm ready to have another party.

Sarah and I have found this cool house in College Park. I won't say anymore, don't want to jinx it.

I want to be in a Fringe show.

I want to see a movie. I want Sarah and I to have a night off together this week -- that's not happening, thanks to Oedipus Monday through Wednesday and Everyman Thursday through Sunday.

Who would know that this morning it was a pissy, messy, rainy day? It is beautiful outside right now. I wouldn't be opposed to eating outside -- and I fucking hate eating outside.

I'm having an affair behind blogspot's back right now....with MySpace....it's nothing serious, just sex.

The Zutons rule. I love their cd. However, their vibe is almost, almost a little country fried....so I'm having a hard time believing Megan when she says that when they opened for The Killers, that they blew The Killers off the stage. They're good....I just don't know that they....rock.

I'm out.

2 comments:

Kevin and Megan said...

Heck Yes!

The Zutons didn't play their slower songs, and they also played a few not on the album. They totally rocked, and they were SO into their set and the audience.

Now, I love the Killers, but when they came out on stage and the crowd went nuts, they just kinda started playing their songs. Then they played a whole bunch of songs, and then they left. It was like listening to their CD really really loudly.

gigi said...

Oh, but they DO rock. Can't you picture an entire crazy retro sci-fi movie when you listen to the album all the way through? OK. Maybe not... but I do. :)

I've been having a "thing" with MySpace for quite awhile - plus my old Blogspot blog. It happens...