Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Human Heart Looks Like A Fist Drenched In Blood

Watched Closer last night.
I liked it.
Ton of great lines, scenes.
The Clive Owens character may have been the most brutal, the simplest...'cause I'm a fucking caveman'....but I think he understood the game better than any of the others, expect, maybe Natalie Portman.
Certainly better than Jude Law's character.
Jude was more of a shoot-yourself-in-the-foot type.
I could relate.
It was funny - nobody was happy with their lilypad - but then they'd jump -
and still not be happy - or at least begin the process of sinking that lilypad.
Julia Roberts had one of the best, coldest, meanest, hamstring cutting lines I've ever heard (and I consider myself somewhat an expert on those):

'You look like the cat who got into the cream - you can stop licking yourself.'

It was delivered in this icy, offhand way - made you actually forget it was Julia Roberts for a moment.

Pretty good movie.

No comments: