Friday, April 22, 2005

The Rich ARE Different.

Got caught in a little bit of traffic this morning. A train? Something. Anyway, there was this Lexus/BMW type nice car in front of me. Very fancy, very high end. (Sorry, cars and guns, I just don't know the names or numbers of either). So, this nice car in front of me -- and I can see the-guy-driving-the-car's head bobbing up and down, annoyed, pissed at the traffic. He's making gestures and probably yelling and sputtering (I know that I was doing all those things at this point). Suddenly, the guy jerks over to his passenger seat, rolls down his window (or presses a button that rolls down the driver's side window) and tosses this clump, this red mass out od the window. What? So, as I creep up closer, as traffic starts to slowly move forward, I look out of my window and take a closer look at what he threw: Raw, red hamburger meat. Just meat, no plastic, no styrofoam package -- just uncooked clumps of hamburger, sitting there on Fairbanks.
I have spent the rest of this morning trying to put together a chain of events that could make sense of the why and how of all of this. It's like a Choose Your Own Adventure story - why did the guy throw the meat out of the car? Why did he take it out of its wrapper? Was there a wrapper? Was it really hamburger? Human flesh? Alien brain matter? Some X-files-type cancer cells. I feel like I should have spent the rest of the morning following that Lexus/BMW/Whatever around. I feel like, as I type, sitting here in the bank, this guy is in the middle of some great, horrible Cloak & Dagger mishap. He needs my help. And I'm stuck here.

No comments: