Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Rehearsal Diet

Loinclothes. Mud. Henna tattoos. Bones. Feathers. Not too African. Not too Indian. Not to Native American. Not too South American. Pieces of metal. Bracelets. Anklets.

Those are the costume ideas for Oedipus.

And just the little bit of tribal dancing that we did for our "Prologue" last night -- was tiring...my thigh muscles are burning this moring...

But it looks like a mostly-but-not-really-but-yes-really naked kind of show -- at least for us Greek Chorus people.

Good News Rumor: Avis Marie Barnes might be our Jocasta. I had the chance to work with her when I did MSG for Playwright's Roundtable. She is an amazing and talented person and I bet she would rule all over the part. She just has that regal kind of bearing.

Christain Kelty is our Creon. It'll be cool to get to work with him. And Jeff Lindberg himself is The Chorus Leader/Preist Of Zeus/that blind prophet that tells Oedipus the prophecy and I can't think of his name...

John is, of course, really cool to work with. Really...free, full of ideas, passion. Anna and Kevin (our choreographer and musical director) both seem really cool as well.

There are 12 Chorus members - I don't know anyone except Tammy and Jenn - 4 guys and 8 girls. I don't know what kind of a Tribe we'll make - but last night's rehearsal went pretty well.

I'll keep everyone posted, of course.

-----

And on my birthday front - I would just like to thank all my friends, old and new, for coming out so late Saturday night and helping me celebrate my birthday. I love all of you. You're...just...I'm lucky to have surrounded myself with so many good people. I had a great time and I hope that you did as well.

And, lucky me, that my birthday comes in waves this year....Gina and Geoff are coming down for a MegaCon / Into The Woods combo on Saturday....Kevin and Marcie are seeing Into The Woods that night too....hopefully we can all go do something afterward....and Kevin and Megan and Ethan are coming down to see the show Sunday (they can't come Saturday cause they're going to a wedding....Tim Studer's wedding, can you believe it?)

I'm just a lucky bastard, I suppose.

No comments: