Friday, June 03, 2005

Craft Corner Cabaret

I found this - this drawing of Liza Minelli - my last day at Fringe. It was on the table with all the flyers and hand outs and stuff. This big, black square of construction paper (like elementary school, like Garden City) with white-out used as paint to paint this picture of Liza from Cabaret - with the bowler hat - you know the image - and who ever did it/painted it, whatever - just used the white-out to pick out the grace notes and tiny motifs - a bit here a bit there - and there you go - there she is - pretty neat. Of course they also used white-out to spell LIZA in the upper left corner of the paper - a little overkill, in my opinion. Anyway, I though it was neat, brought it home, a little trophy from Fringe - set it on top of my DVD shelf. Over the course of the last few days, however, LIZA's structural integrity has shown some flaws - she's begun to slump. So, since a nice little frame for my Fringe White-Out Trophy would also be overkill - and inspired by one of my new favorite shows, Craft Corner DeathMatch - I decided to rig up a little bit more of a solid base for LIZA using some tape and cardstock. Now, she's as erect as the patrons of The Kit Kat Klub. The funny thing, to me, is, I'll never know who drew the little drawing or why or who it was for, or why...any of that. It just randomly crossed paths with me - and it's only contruction paper, so it's longevity couldn't be that long - so, eventually, it's gonna go bye-bye. I don't know - it strikes me as odd, all the way around. Ladies....and gentlemen....Miss Sally Bowles!!!

No comments: